Monday, August 24, 2009

 

My Friend Murray

Today Frank and Dee Dee are sad. I am sad too. My friend Murray the golden retriever went away and he's not coming back. Dee Dee said that Murray had not been feeling well and at 13 he was a very old dog. I could tell he had not been his old self lately – he wouldn’t even move when I would roll near him and try to get him to play. He never would play with me, but he would always get up and move, even if I barely batted his paw! Well, a couple times he growled and barked at me, but that was probably because I jumped on him and started batting him in the face. I never used my claws, but I guess I deserved the warning.

I’ll miss jumping out at him when he comes in from a walk, and I’ll miss swatting at him (no claws!) at he walks by. I’ll also miss the way he would follow me all around – or was it me who followed him? I don’t know, but it seemed we were often in the same place at the same time. One thing I won’t miss – when he would sometimes eat my food! I won’t even mention what he used to do in my litter box.

Murray was here when I first came home to live with Frank and Dee Dee. He was always nice to me, even if he seemed kind of nervous. Who’d be scared of a tortie? He sure had a loud bark and that scared me sometimes, but usually I’d ignore it.

I'm posting a picture of us on the very first day we met at PetSmart. Dee Dee took Murray in to meet me before she brought me home. You can see he looks a little crazy, but I thought he was OK. I don't know who the old man in the beard is. I will miss Murray. For a dog he was a good friend. I'm sending purrs his way.

Comments:
Awe I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences to you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?